Trip to Goa - Experience the Sun N Sand
One of the most happening places in India, Goa is the favourite tourist spot which is visited by people from across the world. Be it a luxury traveller, a mediocre and budget traveller or a backpacker, Goa is a perfect place for everyone to spend their vacations.
Many of you must have been planning for a trip to Goa with your friends and family and again many of you must be ending it cancelling the trip at last moment, as sometimes you depend on others to finalise your plans. So, here I am going to share some key points with you so that you can plan a solo trip to Goa and that too in a less budget.
Choosing Mode of Travel
Goa can be reached in three ways. First, you can take a flight from other Indian cities to Goa. There are many low-cost airlines operating in Goa sector.
Secondly, the best way to travel Goa is by train. It saves your money a lot and based on your preference, you can travel on a sleeper coach, 3rd AC or 2nd AC, as per your budget. There are many trains available to Goa from the national capital Delhi and other Indian cities like Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata as well.
The third option is available for people residing in nearby towns and cities of Goa. You can take government or private buses from your hometown to Goa. From Mumbai, there are many buses available for this beach destination.
Planning a trip to Goa
Many people have a notion in their mind that Goa is an expensive destination which is completely a myth. You can easily make out a budget trip to Goa without spending too much of your money. You just need to do a little bit of research and reading before finally making a booking or executing your programme.
Here, I will share some key tips with you for cheap travel to Goa.
But, before we start discussing about different factors and key points let us have an overview that why Goa is so much loving place for everyone.
1) It has a wonderful weather, which makes it a destination that can be visited throughout the year
2) For foodies, it is known for authentic seafood and the special Goan Wine
3) The locals are really friendly and welcoming people
4) Due to less population the place is more beautiful
5) There are places where you can roam around on rental bikes
All the above highlights make Goa a favorite tourist destination for everyone.
Places to visit and things to see in Goa
Mobor Beach – It is often regarded as the peaceful beach of South Goa as you hardly find anyone roaming there. It is the best place for those who want to be away from tourists and enjoy the serenity.
Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception Church – One of the oldest and most famous churches in Goa, this church was built in 17th century in the heart of Panjim – capital of Goa. The interiors of this Portugal colonial church are tidy and well-maintained while, the exteriors are simple and well-designed.
Cavelossim Beach – One of the stunning beaches of Goa, Cavelossim is a quite secluded beach which is good for your own peaceful time. It is a must visit beach in South Goa. The best in a day to visit Cavelossim beach is during sunset as you get the beautiful sights at this time.
Candolim Beach – A very nice beach with peaceful surroundings. This is probably one of the popular beaches of Goa and is visited by many tourists throughout the year. The beautiful sea waves and cool winds will rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. Candolim is also known for the authentic seafood that is provided by the shack restaurants. Food lovers will really enjoy this place. Apart from that, one can also do shopping and adventure activities there.
Basilica of Bom Jesus – One of the finest Churches of Goa, Basilica of Bom Jesus is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is located in Old Goa in Bainguinim and is known for its commendable extravagant architecture. This Church is around 400 years old and it is open to the public on all days.
Fontainhas – Most of the people know Goa only about its beaches and churches but very few know that Goa has a cultural colony with old Latin Quarters which depicts the history and culture of the Portuguese heritage with vividly coloured houses and bungalows. This walking tour will definitely mesmerize you with beauty.
Tips to plan a budget trip to Goa
- Accommodation – Goa is full of hotels, guest houses, homestays, hostels etc. It is such a place where stays options are available for everyone whether it is a budget traveller or a luxury one. But here we are talking about budget travellers or backpackers like you and me so, in my opinion, the best way is to search for a hostel online. There are many websites like hostels.com, zostel.com, couchsurfing.com etc. from where you can easily book your stay at an economical price. In hostels, the dormitories cost you around Rs. 250 – Rs. 500 per night and rooms cost around Rs. 800 to Rs. 1400 per night. However, if you want to stay in a proper hotel then you can refer to online portals like makemytrip.com, goibibo.com etc. where you may sometimes get rooms at a cheaper rate.
- Food – Goa is a foodie’s hub too. It attracts many tourists because of its seafood and local delicacies. Although there are many bars and cafes in Goa that would be very costly for budget travellers and backpackers. I would suggest you to have your meals at Shacks in Goa where you can get a meal at a very economical price ranging from Rs. 100 to Rs. 150 per meal. When you are in Goa then you should definitely try the local Goan food.
- Sightseeing – For local sightseeing of Goa, you can hire a scooter or bikes on rent. Goa is full of bike and scooty rental options and many tourists go for this option as it is the cheapest one to explore this beautiful piece of land. You can easily get a scooty at Rs. 400 per day and a bike at around Rs. 500 per day. Petrol cost you have to bear extra but I think this is the very best and cheapest mode to explore the places in Goa.
By now you must have got an idea that how to prepare for the cheapest trip to Goa with a little bit of planning and executing it accordingly. So, pack your bags, get ready and get set go for Goa!